- Team leader of the Obstetrical, Perinatal and Pediatric Epidemiology Team (EPOPé), Center for Epidemiology and Statistics Sorbonne Paris Cité (U1153)
- Coordinator of the Center for Clinical Investigation P1419, Cochin – Port-Royal Hospital.
My research focuses on assessing long-term consequences of very (<32 weeks of gestational age) and moderately (32-34 weeks) preterm births and their perinatal determinants. I also lead a project on the effects of differences in attitudes of care on survival, morbidity and development of children born at extremely low gestational ages in France and other European countries.
Principal on-going projects
- EPIPAGE 2 study – Epidemiology of low gestational age infants (Principal investigator): a national cohort of 5 000 preterm children born in 2011 followed-up until the age of 12 years, financed by the TGIR and Investment for the future programs in France (epipage2.inserm.fr)
- EPIPAGE 2 associated projects – Complementary and multidisciplinary projects to respond in more depth to questions on subsamples of the EPIPAGE 2 cohort. Projects have been developed in the field of cerebral imaging (EPIRMEX), biomarkers and genetics (BIOPAG 2), nutrition (EPINUTRI), growth and metabolism (EPIVAREC), microbiome (EPIFLORE – MetaKid), mother-child interactions (OLIMPE), painful procedures in neonatal units (EPIPPAIN 2), and language and cognitive interventions (EPILANG, EPIREMED).
- RE-CO-NAI platform – A Platform for research on French birth cohorts (co-PI), to enable the comprehensive and multidisciplinary study of the major issues of children’s health, development and socialization in the French context, and to mutualize tools and processes for data collection, storage and open access, funded by the Equipement d’excellence
- (EQUIPEX) 2011 of investment for the future program.
- RECAP – Research on European Children and Adults born Preterm – (Co-Principal Investigator of the WP 7) to promote research and generate new knowledge on the consequence of very preterm birth. Financed by the EU Horizon 2020 Programme (recap-preterm.eu).
2012 – Qualification to supervise research (Habilitation à diriger des recherches), Pierre-et-Marie
2001 – PhD in Epidemiology and Public health (Paris-Sud University)
1998 – Doctor of Medicine (Pierre-et-Marie-Curie University)