Obstetrician Gynecologist, epidemiologist
Professor of Obstetric Gynecology (Pierre and Marie Curie University)
Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Trousseau Hospital, Paris
Obstetrical, Perinatal and Pediatric Epidemiology Research Team, Center for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, U1153, Paris (http://www.epopé-inserm.fr/)
Co-leader of axis 2: Severe maternal morbidity, determinants, management, health indicators.
Head of the Obstetrics group (EPIPAGE 2, Principal Investigator: PY Ancel)
My research focuses on: (i) the causes and consequences of preterm birth, particularly in the case of premature labor or premature rupture of the membranes, (ii) severe maternal morbidity and postpartum hemorrhage.
Principal on-going projects
- TOCOPROM (National PHRC): Randomized trial Tocolysis in case of premature rupture of membranes before 34 weeks gestation: randomized controlled double blind trial.
- PREMYC (National PHRC): Reduction of spontaneous preterm birth: impact of antibiotic treatment (JOSAMYCINE) on positive PCR for Ureaplasma spp. And / or Mycoplasma hominis in the amniotic fluid.
- PACCRETA (Regional PHRC): Placenta ACCRETA / percreta high risk clinical situation: Impact of diagnostic modalities and management on maternal morbidity.
- CHORHIST: Epipage 2 ancillary project; Impact of histological or clinical chorioamnionitis on neurodevelopmental fate in preterm delivery before 32 weeks.
Other projects: coordination / methodological aspects
- HYDROSAPL: Evaluation of the benefit of the use of hydroxychloroquine to obtain an uncomplicated pregnancy in the case of primary obstetric antiphospholipid syndrome: Phase II multicenter randomized double-blind versus placebo: scientific co-leader.
Post Doctorate: National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit, Oxford, United Kingdom (2009-2010).
Authorization to conduct research: University Paris XII, 2007.
PhD, University Paris Descartes, Doctoral School of Molecular Biology, specialty immunology, 2006.
Doctoral thesis of medicine, University Paris Descartes, 1999.
Diploma of Specialized Studies in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Ile de France Region, 1999.